Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Decidedly Electronic

Right now, I'm most craving music that has a strong electronic element. It started with What's That Sound by Firefox AK and continued with two T's input. First, thanks to my friend T for closing my pathetically longstanding M.I.A. knowledge gap with Boyz and for throwing I Get Around (original version) by Dragonette on a milestone mix. I discovered today that I'm six degrees closer to Dragonette than I ever would've imagined. A little unsettling, but the song's greatness stands.

Thanks too to T #2. That would be Tegan Quin of Tegan and Sara, whose list of 2007 favourites I happily plundered. The result is the heavy rotation of Turn it Up by Robots in Disguise, a song which can be best described by using the word cool, as in: it is cool; they are cool; it makes me feel cool, etc. Synthy Shiny Toy Guns' Starts With One and Rainy Monday (original versions) are running neck and neck in the play count. And less electronically inclined but still on repeat is the aforementioned T herself singing on Borne on the FM Waves of the Heart by Against Me!. Further info soon about Tegan and Sara's excellent new album The Con which spawned the digging that led to all these gems.

As always, must listen to more of the above - more songs, more albums, more.

No comments: