Saturday, March 15, 2008

Truth

Chuck Klosterman holds the title for delivering the 'most true' generational statement about my peer group that I've ever encountered. Said statement is made in his book, Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs: "It appears that countless women born between the years of 1965 and 1978 are in love with John Cusack. I cannot fathom how he isn't the number-one box-office star in America, because every straight girl I know would sell her soul to share a milkshake with that motherfucker." Touché.

In the current issue of The Believer he discusses the ever popular Road Movie and makes more true statements like this one: "I assume the hypothetical Road Movie I was not involved with would have been built on the most elementary of Road Movie clichés: where you’re going doesn’t matter as much as how you get there."

No comments: